I’m very blessed this morning.
- My children are safe, secure and loved.
- My husband is absolutely the most amazing person on this planet.
- My Amma is here to visit for a month – seriously, what could be better?
- My business is thriving.
Why write this down? Well, it’s mostly for me. I needed to write down these blessings because this is where my focus needs to be. On the positive.
Yesterday was nuts. It was a very long 14 hour work day. It was productive, grueling and a bit of a roller coaster. Today, I woke up with a headache. I slept (if you can call it that) with a sick two year old baby girl last night. I am overwhelmed with work. I am overwhelmed with commitments. I am overwhelmed with the busyness of my life.
When I feel this way, I have two choices.
- I can retreat and crawl into bed with a big bowl of ice cream, People magazine & a diet coke.
- I can focus on my blessings and tackle my to do list one thing at a time.
I want to do #1…really, I do.
I will choose #2. I will choose to be thankful. I will choose to be positive. I will choose to count it all joy. Why?
Because, truly, there is no choice. If I do anything but choose to focus on the positive, I will shrivel up inside. God wired me from the inside out to be optimistic, get things done and be thankful. Still, I forget (often)….and I need to remind myself. Thus, writing down my blessings.
OK…blessings acknowledged. Now I need to get busy on that list.
What do you do when you feel overwhelmed? What’s your number one blessing today?